Living United to Improve Financial Stability in Volusia & Flagler Counties
Every day, people in Volusia and Flagler Counties struggle with economic issues that may seem impossible to solve. Families who can’t afford to put food on their tables. Homeless veterans who can’t access help to get off the street. Unemployed youth who lack skills training needed for a good job that offers a living wage. These are tough problems that threaten the future of individuals and communities.
That’s why United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties is working to improve financial stability for everyone. We are ensuring families and individuals:
- Have access to sustaining income.
- Have access to safe and affordable housing.
- And, can capably manage income and expenses.
Locally, United Way impacts over 50,000 people annually, including:
- Helping over 3500 people increase their income through improved credentials and gainful employment
- Moving 1300 people into permanent housing
- Improving the financial wellness of more than 1200 people
Volusia & Flagler Counties needs us now more than ever, and no other organization is better positioned to do this work than United Way. As the COVID-19 pandemic and its aftermath continues, so does United Way’s work for an equitable, stronger, and better future for us all. Rebuilding isn’t a matter of going back to where we were. It’s reimagining how we can be better, and building towards that – together. Help us Live United and get involved: /get-involved/index.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Get your taxes done for FREE!
- Welcome to United Way!
- Publix donates more than $1 million
- Our 75th Anniversary Luncheon Celebrating Volunteerism
- Two Months (and Counting) at UWVFC
- Herbert M. Davidson Award Honoring Preston Root
- Excellence in Volunteering Celebration
- FPL donates $20,000 to United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties