Publix donates more than $1 million
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017, two Publix district managers and three store managers presented UWVFC President/CEO Dennis Burns with a check totaling $1,140,946.81. The gift’s impact upon the community could possibly double thanks to state and federal matching dollars through United Way funded programs.
Publix remains the largest business workplace partner to UWVFC as well as most United Way chapters in Florida.
“It is difficult to express the amount of gratitude the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties extends to Publix, its management and employees,” said Burns. “We greatly hope more business partners will help the way Publix has in meeting funding requests from local agencies and fulfilling our mission in the community.”
For more information on donating to the UWVC or creating an employee campaign, visit www.unitedwayvfc.org.
(Pictured From left to right: Jim McDede - Store Manager; Joel Meister - Store Manager; Mark Hanley - District Manager; Mark Buckner - District Manager; Dennis Burns - UW President; and Robert Lovering - Store Manager.)
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Get your taxes done for FREE!
- Welcome to United Way!
- Our 75th Anniversary Luncheon Celebrating Volunteerism
- Two Months (and Counting) at UWVFC
- Herbert M. Davidson Award Honoring Preston Root
- Excellence in Volunteering Celebration
- FPL donates $20,000 to United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties and FamilyWize Help Local Community Save $6,036,172 on Prescription Medications