Here we are beginning a new season at the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties. This has certainly been a major time of adaptation for our organization – moving our 17-person team remote, stretching our operating capacity by partnering with Volusia County on the distribution of CARES grants, and continuing to serve our community as a leader in the nonprofit environment.
Our team has done an amazing job of rising to the occasion and responding to our community’s new challenges. Here are a few highlights from our team:
- In just one month, our team has processed 57 applications of the CARES nonprofit operating grant in collaboration with the County of Volusia for a total of $191,000 in operating support. This is just the beginning of a $2.5 million program to support operating needs of Volusia county nonprofits.
- The Community Foundation, a division of UWVFC, finished the fiscal year with a record $10 million in assets under management!
- We successfully transitioned the Help Me Grow program to the Early Learning Coalition thanks to our partnership and the hard work of our team. We are excited to continue supporting this amazing program through information and referral services and by advocating on behalf of these vital services.
- The Community Impact Cabinet has welcomed new leadership and is beginning the process for our 2021-23 Impact Grant Cycle.
- Our Women United groups in Flagler and Volusia have flexed their creative muscles to present an innovative twist to the Power of the Purse in August.
During this time, we continue to fight for the education, financial stability, and health of our community. We invite you to be a part of our progress and get involved!
United Way Volusia-Flagler Counties