Remembering President/CEO Dennis Burns
It is with great sadness that we announce that Dennis Burns, President and Chief Executive Officer of the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties, suddenly passed away on February 3, 2019 in Ormond Beach, FL. The entire UWVFC team mourns this loss and extends our deepest sympathies to his family.
It was always the aspiration of Dennis to lead a local United Way. He was very grateful to the Volusia-Flagler community for their expression of confidence in him. He was an amazing leader, advocate for this community, and supporter of the United Way mission. As recently as last week, Dennis reiterated his vision and legacy for this community and our local United Way citing his confidence in the organization’s ability to create lasting change.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to UWVFC at bit.ly/DennisBurns
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blog211 | Advocate | ALICE Report | Campaign for Working Families | Community Foundation | Community Impact | Covid-19 | Education | Financial Stability | Fundraiser | General Announcements | GIVE | Giving | Health | Help Me Grow | Special Event | Staff | Volunteer Opportunity | Volunteers In Action | WIF |
Most Popular Articles
- Get your taxes done for FREE!
- Herbert M. Davidson Award Honoring Preston Root
- Excellence in Volunteering Celebration
- Daytona 5K & Fun Walk
- Race Parking at Target for Speedweek 2015
- FPL donates $20,000 to United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- Publix donates more than $1 million
- United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties and FamilyWize Help Local Community Save $6,036,172 on Prescription Medications