COVID-19 Grants at Work
On April 7, 2020 the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties announced $42,850 to 14 local agencies to support COVID-19 relief efforts. Below is a story from one of those organizations about the impact of this gift:
“I’ve never needed assistance before, but when both my husband and I were laid off because of the virus we had no other options,” said Claire. Their family burned through their savings quickly to pay for necessary bills and feed their 3 children. She expressed embarrassment at needing support, but reached out to one of United Way’s partner agencies that offered food assistance for her family. Claire called back to the agency after receiving the food saying, “I am so amazed at the food provided and we can’t thank you enough. This is the support we needed to figure out our next steps as a family.”
Thank to the donors that helped make this possible!
You can contribute and provide hope to someone today by visiting https://bit.ly/UWVFCCovid.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Get your taxes done for FREE!
- Herbert M. Davidson Award Honoring Preston Root
- Publix donates more than $1 million
- Excellence in Volunteering Celebration
- Welcome to United Way!
- Daytona 5K & Fun Walk
- FPL donates $20,000 to United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties and FamilyWize Help Local Community Save $6,036,172 on Prescription Medications