Preparing for a Hurricane:
For a complete checklist of precautions to take before, during, and after a hurricane, click here.
- Build an emergency supply kit:
- 3 day supply of water
- 3 day supply of food
- Extra batteries
- First aid supplies
- Get a full tank of gas in one car
- Store important documents in water-tight container
- Establish and review evacuation plan; plan alternate routes
- Locate nearest shelters: Volusia County shelter information; Flagler County information.
Helping After a Hurricane:
Following a natural disaster, one of the best ways to help is to donate money. Before you donate, be sure to check out Charity Navigator's list of highly-rated nonprofit organizations providing aid to the survivors of Hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas.