- For free information about available area services
- For confidential direction to community resources
- To find volunteer opportunities in your community
- To find an area charity that needs your donation
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
What is 2-1-1?
Better Public Access to Information Services
2-1-1 is an easy to remember number for accessing free information about community services to find help when you need it or find places you can help.
It has been a lot of hard work by community leaders and volunteers, but 2-1-1 is finally coming to Volusia and Flagler County in 2007.
The resource for citizens of Volusia and Flagler Counties! Every hour of every day, someone needs essential services; from finding an after-school program to securing adequate care for a child or an aging parent. This new online resource, a partnership between One Voice for Volusia and The United Way of Volusia and Flagler Counties, is your 24-hour source of information about over 1,000 local community services.
What you need to know about it:
- Nationally certified specialists able to offer compassion & guidance in identifying your needs & helping you locate any available services that meet your need.
- Availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to information in ANY language, through telephone interpreter services.
What it means to you:
Just like dialing 9-1-1 is known by everyone as the appropriate action in emergencies requiring police, fire/rescue or medical response, 2-1-1 is an easy to remember number to access information about community services.
- It might be that you need this information because you have a problem that you can't solve yourself, and you need to see if there is a resource available to help.
- It might be that you want to volunteer your time at a specific agency or type of program.
- We can help you find lasting relationships with area service providers who might use and appreciate volunteers.
- Or it might be that you have a donation that you'd like to se used in a specific way, or steered to agencies that try to meet a need that is special to you.
All of these are perfect reasons for calling your community's 2-1-1 service.